Three-day yoga retreat in Nepal
In a stunning Tibetan monastery nestled in the Himalayan foothills outside Kathmandu valley, join these three transformational days to discover Yoga as the harmony of the mind, body and soul; to delve into Yoga philosophy and psychology; and to explore Yoga’s practical tools to bring integration and joyful balance into the various dimensions of our lives.
Enjoy morning and afternoon sessions of yoga, explore Yoga theory and philosophy, revive with wonderful food, relax with a favourite book and new friends among the beautiful grounds, find peace with a guided evening meditation, and take an introduction into Buddhism from the monastery’s highest teacher.
On this retreat we will experience how different sequences of poses influence our body, mind and energy and explore the art of sequencing poses to enhance our mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
We will see how our breath changes our mental state and how we can use breathing techniques to pause our reactions, taking time to make all of our decisions come from a calmer, more settled place inside ourselves.
Take this time to become aware of your thoughts and how you can affect your thought patterns. Become more aware of your body and how its movements affect your mind. Gently work with your mind and body to overcome your limitations, to experience your true nature and to feel truly present and alive.
Whether you are a beginner or practice yoga regularly, come and enjoy the powerful energy, peace and surroundings of the retreat and take away a new practice to develop and treasure, including:
- what Yoga is from the perspective of its philosophical roots
- how our thought-patterns and actions influence the health of body and mind
- how mindfulness can reduce stress and change your everyday life
- yoga poses under expert guidance through plenty of asana practice.
A three-day yoga retreat costs USD $295 per person all-inclusive on twin sharing basis (if you prefer your own room, there is an additional supplement charge of $25 per night, bringing the total to USD $335).
The retreat package includes:
- Transportation from Thamel to the monastery and back. Departure from Thamel on Monday at10.30am, returning back on Wednesday at 7pm
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in the lovely, modern and comfortable hotel in the grounds of the exquisite monastery
- All the delicious vegetarian meals, tea and water
- Expert guidance from experienced and inspiring international retreat leaders
- Use of yoga mats and yoga props
- Diary and pen
The minimum number of participants is 4, the maximum is 16.