- This event has passed.
Three-Day Yoga Retreat in Nepal with Yogatara
November 26, 2012 @ 2:00 pm - November 28, 2012 @ 7:00 pm| $ 275
Yogatara: ‘Join me for a 3-day discovery of Yoga as the harmony of the head, heart and hands. In the space of quiet and community we delve into Yoga philosophy and explore Yoga’s practical tools to bring integration and joyful balance into the various dimensions of our lives.
Drawing inspiration from the Satyananda Yoga tradition, we strengthen and rejuvenate the body through asana and pranayama, clear the mind and open the Heart through Yoga Nidra and draw on simple meditative and life tools to rekindle our inspiration in-and for- life.
Yoga is a Living Science which engages us on the mat and well beyond. I look forward to our journey of discovery together.’
This retreat combines expert yoga instruction, relaxation in nature and delicious healthy food to help you recharge your energy levels. Energising yoga classes are the perfect start of your retreat days. Talks and discussions during the day will invite you to look at life in new ways and practicing mindfulness in beautiful surroundings will teach you how to create more peace of mind.
Each dawn brings a relaxing yoga class and your days close with a wholesome dinner. You will return home inspired and revitalized.
Learn in beautiful surroundings:
- what yoga is and how it can benefit you
- how to make your own daily yoga routine based on your goals, body type and needs
- how food, relationships and environment influence the health of body and mind
- how mindfulness can reduce stress and change your everyday life
- yoga poses under expert guidance
A three-day yoga retreat costs 275$ per person on twin sharing basis.
- Transportation from our Yoga Studio Thamel at 1905 Kantipath (5 minutes from Thamel) to retreat location and back. Departure from Thamel on Mondays at 2 pm, return back on Wednesdays at 7 pm.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- All vegetarian meals, tea and water
- Expert guidance from experienced and inspiring international retreat leaders
- Use of yoga mats and yoga props
- Diary and pen
Single supplement rates on request. Minimum number of participants is 4, maximum 16.
Namo Buddha is situated at an elevation of 1750m. It is very important Buddhist Pilgrimage which lies about 38 kilometers east of Kathmandu. The Stupa and shrines built in this lovely little hill mark a very ancient holy site which signifies the place where a legendary prince named Mahasattva offered himself to a starving Tigress with its several underfed cubs. The Thrangu Monastery is the home of more than 250 Tibetan Buddhist monks at Namo Buddha.
Namo Buddha Resort
Namo Buddha Resort has been build as a village, with different comfortable cottages in local style scattered around the wide compound. The resort has its own organic vegetable and dairy farm, and produces honey, jams and whole wheat bread. The yoga hall has a beautiful wooden floor and beamed ceiling. The resort also has a library full of holistic books, a sauna and a samadi tank.